In order to be considered for this position you MUST BE FLUENT IN JAPANESE AND ENGLISH and live in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
**You may not reside in a ZIP code that is 50 miles or less from one of our physical Customer Service Sites**
Your mission will be to provide outstanding technical support for Amazon.com customers in Japanese in regards to Digital, Devices, and other technical products via phone, chat, and email. This fun and fast-paced position requires an action-oriented, technically competent, and flexible problem-solver with excellent communication skills.
Are you curious about new platforms and technologies and have a desire to deliver world-class customer service? Are you excited by the idea of owning a problem and innovating on behalf of customers? Can you deal with ambiguity and keep up with the pace of a company whose cycles are measured in weeks, not years?
Amazon introduced the first Kindle in 2007 — at that time, it offered 90,000 eBooks and sold out 5.5 hours after the announcement. Since then, we have expanded to become the best-selling e-reader family in the world. We have gone beyond Kindle with our powerhouse Fire tablets, built for work and play with our Fire operating system.
For streaming media lovers, we have created Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire TV Edition with voice search. Fire TV devices come with access to 500,000 movies, TV shows, and tens of thousands of channels, and apps. In 2014, we introduced Amazon Echo and Alexa, the voice service that powers Echo and other devices so customers can play music, control their smart homes, and get information, news, weather, and more using just their voice. Alexa is now integrated with over 20,000
What is Amazon Customer Service All About?
Our mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. To achieve this goal, Amazon Customer Service is seeking candidates who exemplify Customer Obsession and enjoy problem-solving on behalf of others. OurAmazon Leadership
As an Amazon Customer Service Associate (CSA) it is a critical part of our mission to listen to the customer’s needs, deliver timely results, accurate information, personalized resolutions, and maintain our professional environment of supporting all Amazon customers.
As a CSA,
What Does Amazon Need From Me?
- Commitment to change your schedule frequently, with a
two weekadvance notice.
- Commitment to work when our customers need us the most. Shifts will include mornings, afternoons and evenings and typically one or both weekend days. Being available to work a flexible schedule that falls within our operating hours is required and expected.
- Amazon provides paid mandatory training and resources for new associates
.Allhours assigned to you for training are mandatory, no time can be missed. After training, you will transition into your work schedule.
- Associates are measured
onseveral areas including, but not limited to, schedule adherence, contact quality, efficiency, and process compliance.
- Learn a variety of skills within the Customer Service organization to support the customer and move to the area of business that needs you the most.
- Candidates who will be flexible in their work schedule based on customer need. Flexibility is expected and required of all associates.
Why Amazon (What’s In It For Me)?
- Except as otherwise required by law, this role pays $15.00 + $1.50 language premium per hour.
- No Commute
- Overtime pay at
- After 90 days of employment, eligibility for health care coverage plan
- Employee Discount
- Employee Assistance Program
- A supportive team of leaders and peers
- Gain customer service experience and build your resume
- Provide account and application technical support to digital and device customers over the phone, chat, and email, specially troubleshooting.
- The average amount of scheduled hours per associate generally consists of 20-29 hours per week, with the expectations to work up to 60 hours a week if there is a customer need, large-scale event or if peak season requires.
- Support a varying work schedule to meet our business and customer needs.
- Complete mandatory training (this schedule will be different from your work schedule upon hiring)
- Provide a work area free of any and all distractions. You must be able to devote your full undivided attention to the Amazon customer.
- Agree you will not provide child or adult care during hours of scheduled work.
- Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Support customers through typing, phone, and computer skills by navigating the internet and website, multiple browsers, email, social media, and instant messenger or chat tools.
- Follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
- Empathize with customers and prioritize their needs.
- You must not be a current Amazon employee. If you are an internal applicant please reach out to your local HR representative to discuss transfer eligibility.
- Previoustechnical experiencewith digital devices
- Previous technical training
- Previous call center experience
- Logical problem-solving skills
- Experience in a fast paced environment
- Experience in prioritizing tasks and time to ensure efficiency.
- A minimum of 10 mbps download and 5 mbps upload speed from a reliable internet provider (Cable, DSL or Fiber Optic/FiOS providers only). Satellite internet providers cannot be used.
- Cannot use a wireless connection. Your device must be directly connected to router/modem via Ethernet cable.
- Mailing address must be current and include relevant numbers (apartment, suite, etc.) PO Boxes are not supported, we must have a physical address for you to receive your equipment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / AgeAPPLY