1. The brain of a person in a coma and the brain of a healthy person
© Bruno Di Muzio / radiopaedia.org © Shekhar Kalia / radiopaedia.org
2. This is a panoramic shot of a jaw. The man forgot to take his glasses off.
© Fitulya / Pikabu
3. A 16-month-old boy swallowed a foreign object. It’s a Sponge Bob pendant.
© Dr Ghofran Ageely / radiopaedia.org
4. Tractography (a special MRI method) shows the nerve tracts that connect different regions of the brain.
5. This X-ray of a human shows an implanted AbioCor Replacement Heart.
6. A woman with a baby in an MRI scanner
© Rebecca Saxe and Atsushi Takahashi / Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, MIT / Athinoula A. Martinos Imaging Center / McGovern Institute for Brain Research, MIT
7. A woman put on a lot of makeup before her CT-scan. The machine scanned her heavily made up eyelashes.
© Dr Roberto Schubert / Radiopaedia.or
8. An X-ray of a patient who had a facelift procedure with gold threads
© zverkoff / Pikabu
9. A CT-scan of the abdominal area of a guy who was caught transporting illegal substances
© Dr Stefan Götschi / radiopaedia.org
10. How a person’s hand changes from 8 months old to 18 years old